Role and Duties
1. Role of Home Guards
- To serve as an auxiliary to the Police and to assist in maintaining internal security.
- To assist the community in any kind of emergency like air-raid, fire, flood, epidemic and so on.
- To organise functional units to provide essential services such as Motor Transport Unit, Fire Fighting and Engineering Groups, Pioneer Services, Nursing and First-Aid, Operation of water supply establishments, etc.
- To promote communal harmony and to give assistance to the administration in protecting the weaker sections of the society.
- To participate in socio-economic and welfare activities such as Adult Education, health and hygiene development schemes, etc.
2. Civil Defence duties of Home Guards
- Incident control and Reconnaissance Parties(to the extent possible)
- Rescue parties
- Trailor pump parties
- Mobile canteen
- Part-time instructors
Last Updated Date :- 08-05-2018
Page last updated on: 19-03-2021